Saturday, January 24, 2009

BLIND

i wake up...the wind is blowing through the open window..i could see the street light...the light forcing its way onto the edge of my bed...i hear someone around me...its strange...i live alone....i am confused..i think that was a dream...but i can still hear someone...and is that someone crying?...yes it is...the crying gets louder.....and louder....and louder....i am scared now.....i look around..i cant see anyone...but i can hear crying....i can hear crying....not one..not two...but several different cries...my heart races...i cant breathe...but why are my eyes unable to see whats going on...i can hear...feel the sweat dribbling down my face...but why am i unable to see??....why am i unable to see those people who cry everyday?....they cry while i sleep in my comfortable bed....i have two pillows....not one....for my head.....but i cant see people sleeping on the street...where the sky is their roof and the dirt is their pillow....my eyes refuse to see them...i look at my hands..they are shaking....i have a stitch scar on my finger....i see it..i can touch it....i can feel it...but why cant i see the so many cuts and bruises on those people who cry their hearts out in pain??....i have lost the ability to see....i have lost the ability to see their faces..with tearful eyes....i refuse to believe that there is anything else in the world but me.....i can only see myself and all around its dark....my hands keep shaking...i can see them shake....but i cant see the faces of those who were shaken by disaster...they became homeless....they died.....i am alive.....but i am blind...

4 comments:

Joy Leftow said...

sometimes survival is difficult and we are blind to the suffering of others because otherwise we would sit and cry and forget living.

Anonymous said...

hmm...good one...

Anonymous said...

wow..awesome writing

Saim levis said...

very nice post, i like it very much.